Wednesday 31 March 2010

Variables

My mind wanders back to high school classes on Further Mathematics and university lectures on Engineering Mathematics. Equations with multiple variables, and how to solve them. How, even the fastest computers struggle with complex differential equations. How, it was all just so fuzzy to me.

I never could figure out how to solve those puzzles. But, I have a sense of how they are so real. Schemes within schemes. Uncertainties within uncertainties. Just when the asphalt dries up, it's time to dig up and lay a new water line.

The whole spectrum. Our lives' mission. Our dreams. Her career. My next job. Work and life. Where to live? Buy or rent? Drive or ride? Spend or save? Cable package. Mobile phone deal. 12.0 or 8.0 Mbps.

Do I love change? Or uncertainty? Do I want things to be the same and safe? Or, do I want them to change a little bit all the time, just to keep it novel? Or, do I want something completely different, as a gust of fresh air? Do I know what I want?

For now, I am just looking forward to being with the only constant in this scheme. I am excited. Forward ho! Married life.

A grand package of complex differential equations, waiting to be solved, one variable at a time.

No comments: