Wednesday 19 May 2010

Leadership

I sent out a survey to colleagues today, asking them for open and honest feedback on how bad a frontline leader I would make. And then, I took the survey myself.

Pretty bad, is my own assessment.

I sometimes wonder why I do not complain about the way my employer has treated me so far, in terms of development opportunities, performance rewards and capability assessment. At times, I would say it is because I have had it pretty good so far. However, most of the time, I just acknowledge that I have been treated rather fairly: I would consider myself wanting where they have found me wanting, and I would consider myself hopeless where they have found me hopeless.

When they look at me through a magnifying glass, I get to look at myself in a mirror.

And, the real sad bit is that I have done nothing to make amends.

No comments: