Tuesday 27 July 2010

Ideas

I want to make a positive contribution to society, specifically in the area of human needs. Sustainable access to energy is a most basic human need and an unsolved problem, that is only likely to become greater and more urgent. My work in the energy industry over the last seven years has made me aware of the magnitude and complexity of the energy challenge, and it is breathtaking.

"A company can make a social contribution only if it is highly profitable. Managers must convert society's needs into opportunities for profitable business." - Peter Drucker. Hence, presumably, a business is a viable way of making a social contribution. I am capitalist and believe in the potential of free enterprise.

The idea of realising a vision excites me. A to B. With limited resources and conflicting priorities. With a human element.

I want my contribution to be material and significant.

I want it to happen in my lifetime.

No comments: