Tuesday 9 June 2009

Imagine

I like this guy's simple idea:

Guy

Idea

Informed Opinion

I see some sense in concentrating CO2 emissions. Managing CO2 afterwards might be easier - applying economic penalties, testing new technology for power generation, expanding renewable share of the power generation base, capturing CO2,... The electricity grid offers just that option, naturally with some limitations.

In a way, hydrogen was supposed to do just the same thing for us.

Imagine... You are on a long and lonely highway. Maybe in the Cappadocian valley. Your indicator shows you are low on fuel. You seek out the next service station (preferably the one with the yellow pecten). A robot opens up your car's bonnet, lifts out the compact battery pack, drops a replacement pack in its place and off you go.

He has imagined. He is 41.

After TED 2007:

"Indeed I was so anonymous, that a young Google employee told me at one of the dinner events after a conversation on the world of software that “You are pretty good. Would probably make a good manager at Google, maybe even a VP” and offered to put in a good word for me. Given that I was the president of products at SAP at that time, I guess she meant it as a compliment, somehow."

No comments: