Tuesday 30 June 2009

Tape

I need a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry from the Indian Embassy in Manila. So, I need to submit a few documents before attending an interview with my fiance and she has to submit a few documents.

These documents include, but are not limited to:
- An affidavit from me saying I am single, attested by a lawyer in Singapore, endorsed by the Indian Embassy in Singapore. For this, I need to submit an oath from my parents taken in a court of law in Chennai confirming I am single, attested by a notary in Chennai, endorsed by the Indian Embassy in Singapore. For these, I need to appear at the Indian Embassy in Singapore, just five times, queueing up for a total of 4 hours. I stopped counting the dollars and rupees.
- A letter from my employer stating that I am a Singapore resident, gainfully employed.

I also need a letter from a religious authority in Chennai that confirms I am a Hindu Brahmin. In secular India, nobody is willing to do this, without the appropriate connections and a suitable fee.

And, this is just the beginning.

Somebody has just dropped a roll of tape. Red.

No comments: